- 1 cup organic raw pumpkin seeds, pepitas
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 drops sriracha or hot sauce
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place oven rack on center position.
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients, changing quantities to your liking. Stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, until pumpkin seeds start to darken and plump up slightly.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Eat alone as a healthy snack or toss over any green salad or roasted vegetable dish. The pumpkin seeds can even be ground in a food processor and added to a favorite vinaigrette dressing. Left over pumpkin seeds keep very well for up to a week in an air-tight container.
Did you know that pumpkin seeds are a little powerhouses of nutrients and health benefits. Like nuts, pumpkin seeds are a great source of protein and unsaturated fats, including omega-3. They also contain a good range of nutrients including iron, selenium, calcium, B vitamins and beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A.