The Easiest Chia Seed Pudding is an easy breakfast that takes less than 5 minutes to throw together before it chills overnight. It’s healthy, dairy-free, gluten-free and refined-sugar free. It’s simply the perfect way to start your day.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, rice, or soy)
- 4 tsp chia seeds (black or white)
- 1½ tsp organic pure cane sugar (or some other sweetener)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- mixed berries
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until combined. Sprinkle on the chia seeds and stir them in thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a pint jar and refrigerate overnight, or until it reaches the desired thickness. You may need to stir the chia seed pudding a few times while it’s chilling to make sure all the chia seeds absorb the liquid.
- Serve the pudding with your favorite mixed berries on top.
Chia seeds are an amazing product. They’re full of fiber (5 grams per tsp) and can be used in so many ways. The chia seeds expand (up to 12 x their size) in liquid so it forms a natural gel like texture. You can flavor your pudding any way you like.