The Easiest Homemade Hummus recipe is quick and easy to make, smooth and creamy, perfect for dipping or spreading, and it tastes so fresh and flavorful. Hummus is a creamy dip made with chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt. This wonderful basic hummus recipe can be adapted in so many ways to make it unique!The Easiest Homemade Hummus.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 3 tsp tahini paste
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup water (or more if needed)
- Add first six ingredients to a food processor, and blend until smooth. Add in the water and continue blending until the hummus reaches your desired consistency, adding additional water if needed.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Some topping ideas: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, toasted pine nuts, chopped roasted red peppers, sesame seeds.