- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 3 tsp tahini paste
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup water (or more if needed)
- Add first six ingredients to a food processor, and blend until smooth. Add in the water and continue blending until the hummus reaches your desired consistency, adding additional water if needed.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Some topping ideas: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, toasted pine nuts, chopped roasted red peppers, sesame seeds.