- 4 cups of watermelon (cubed)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2-3 tbsp pure raw honey
- ¼ - ½ tsp sea salt (the salt keeps the sorbet from getting "icy" when frozen)
- lime shells (optional)
- Dice your watermelon, and place the pieces in the freezer overnight. Once frozen, place the watermelon in a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until a shaved ice consistency has been created. Serve right away or freeze until ready to use. Thaw 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve this sorbet right out of the blender with an ice cream scoop. You certainly don’t have to take the extra time to make them into cute lime shells, but it sure is a fun idea for a party and kids love them if you do.
This recipe makes enough sorbet to feed an decent sized picnic filled with adults and kids. You want the frozen watermelon to be fully frozen so it doesn’t turn to a slushy as you blend it for the sorbet. Add some lime for a little kick and to help the blending process.